Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Writer's Block

So, it's been more than a month since I last posted something. I've had writer's block. I've also hit more walls during my job search and have been really confused lately. I've been trying to network, schmooze, and send out my resume to stations I've never heard of in Georgia, Tennessee, and Nebraska. I'm going to stop whining (although, I do love to whine! jk! sort of!) before this becomes a pity post...I woke up yesterday with a newfound perspective on the whole matter. For two reasons. Reason #1: When I went to church on Sunday to repent my sins I talked to someone who is also looking for a job. She is a mom who is going through a messy divorce. She gave me the following advice: Take this time to find yourself. She said, "I always tell my kids to get an education and travel to see the world before you have kids and a husband. You already have the education. So, you're halfway there." It got me thinking. Yes, I would love more than anything to hop on a plane and go to Spain for tapas and sangria or France where I could enroll in cooking classes like Julia Child (of course my trips would revolve around food) but I know realistically right now I can't. I agree traveling expands your knowledge and changes the way you think about others, yourself, and the world. I can't jet set now but plan on doing so once I get the funds. Fingers crossed I get a job to start saving! Haha! Might not have j.o.b but I do have trips to look forward to! A girl can dream! Reason #2: My Mom. She's the only one who keeps pestering me about getting out of my "funk". She says she knows me like the back of her hand and can see right through my act of pretending everything is okay. We've been bickering lately and it is because I keep denying that I'm in a "funk". I finally admitted to her yesterday that she is right. She usually always is. I have been in a "funk" and may or may not have taken it out on her. I woke up realizing there a lot more positive things in my life that I should focus on rather than the fact that that I don't have a job right now. So I've decided to work on getting out of this "funk" and staying positive about the whole situation. Yes, some days will be easier than others but I have a lot to smile about. Also, being unemployed has allowed me to cook a lot. I've been whipping up Bobby Flay recipes lately. I'm not ready for a ThrowDown but with time, maybe. Haha! See: A positive!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Hang in there! I know you'll find something soon - and they'll be lucky to have you! ;)

Kara Mireles said...

thanks!! that means a lot!