Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

I'm back!

I'm back in the blogosphere. Well, I guess I never left. I just took a vacation. All of the posts I have here are from my News and New Media class Junior year. I meant to keep this blog and fill it with written posts but that never happened. I guess I got "too busy". Several months ago, my friend/roomie Casey Clark bought me a beautiful journal and told me that we should all take the time to do what we love. She challenged me to write everyday. Something. Anything. That lasted for about two weeks and then I got "too busy". Yesterday, my friend/mentor Nicole Perez who is a TV producer in San Antonio, TX, told me that I should start blogging. She keeps a blog and it is hilarious! I love reading her commentary about movies, celebs, books, and current events. She got me thinking...I know, never a good thing...about this blog account I have and the whole process. Well, what to write about? Nicole suggested challenging myself and writing about something that I will commit to daily or weekly. The first thing to pop into my mind since I think about it all the time and it is such a big part of my life...job hunting. While on the phone with her, I shared a story about an awful interview I had last week and she chuckled. I laughed too (at the time, I wanted to cry). She says it's funny to look back at those experiences and laugh about them. In the spring, my fiction writing teacher said that you should write about what you know. I'm no job hunting guru but I feel like since I do it each day I'm learning a lot about it. I will divulge the do's and the dont's I've learned from my experiences. Plus, I have some funny stories to share that involve Kei$ha, uncomfortable chairs, and what not to say when asked "what are your weaknesses?". So that's what I'm going to do...share the joys of job hunting. I know a lot of people are going through this process. To all those unemployed, recent college grads don't lose hope! We will prevail!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

YAY BLOGGING! MORE KE$HA!

I'm excited to hear all your fun(ny) stories! Good luck on the job search.

(P.S. You don't have any weaknesses; if you have a problem with people, it's THEIR weakness shining through. ;) )

Nicole said...

I'm proud of you! Now, stick with it! ;)

bluestar17 said...

Welcome back to blogging!

I started mine early this summer and have loved it. It's a great way to look at yourself and realize just how great/funny/happy/sad/amazing life is.

No worries on the job search. If your blog gets popular enough, you may get published in a book! check out: http://1000awesomethings.com/book/

This all started with a guy and a blog.

Love you Chica!

~JC